For those of you that may use the HP customized version of the ESXi 5.0 image (like I do), HP has released an updated Sept. 2011 image on the Software Depot. Here’s a list of fixes and known issues from the relase notes. Folks that use AutoDeploy, be warned that it is still broken with the included be2net driver for Emulex 10Gb Nics.
The new updates for the HP ESXi 5.0 customized image for September 2011 include:
• The VMware ESXi 5.0, Patch Release ESXi500-201109001.
• An updated license file that resolves the issue described in http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&objectID=c03005742.
The new features introduced in ESXi 5.0 are as follows:
• Supports G5 through G7 upgrade.
• Provides BladeSystem, Virtual Connect, and FlexFabric support.
• VMware IOVP Certified Device Drivers added to HP ESXi 5.0 installation images for HP device enablement.
• Supports HPSIM, HP Insight Control for Virtual Center.
• SNMP Trap support via Providers.
• Insight Control HPSIM, WEBES and RDP support for HP customized images.
• Supports update of HP VIBs using VUM.
• Supports remote online reporting of installed FW versions (report generated via CIM provider data).
• Support for VMware AutoDeploy with HP VMware ImageProfile.
• Provides a HP-VMware Online Depot on the Web in support of image build customer update using VUM.
• Includes HPONCFG and HPBOOTCFG. (See HP VMware Utilities User Guide).
• Supports Intel Trusted Execution Tecnology (TXT).
Important notes and recommendations
• HP-Brocade Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters are not supported with HP-Management software in this release
• HP-Brocade devices require device drivers that are not included in this release. HP-Management software for ESXi 5.0 will not support any HP-Brocade Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters with this release.
HP-Qlogic devices require additional driver(s)
• HP-Qlogic devices CN1000Q and NC523SFP require device drivers that are not included in this release.
• VMware AutoDeploy is not supported with this release through HP-Emulex 10Gb adapters, including G7 BL-series servers with HP-Emulex 10Gb adapters as the embedded networking solution Emulex be2net driver included in VMware OS media does not have support for gPXE, which is a pre-requisite for VMware AutoDeploy support.
• Flex-10 and Flex Fabric configurations are not supported with the VMware ESXi 5.0 inbox be2net 18.104.22.168 driver due to a VLAN tagging issue
• The Autodeploy, Flex Fabric, and Flex-10 issues will be resolved with an updated be2net driver and firmware set that will be available in the near future.